Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Pilt:Stub.png||This article or section is a miscellaneous stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
The Blizzard Global Writing Contest is an annual writing contest held by Blizzard Entertainment. In 2010, contestants had around 2 months to come up with a submission, but as of 2011 it was reduced to nearer a month and a half.
- Submission requirements
- 2,500- to 7,500-word short story written in English.
- Set in the Warcraft®, StarCraft®, or Diablo® universe
- Due September 28th, 2011.
- Grand Prize: The grand prize winner will receive a trip to Blizzard's headquarters in Southern California, where you'll meet and eat with the Blizzard writing staff. In addition, you'll receive a Doomhammer™ hammer by Epic Weapons and copies of the StarCraft Archive, the Diablo Archive, the Warcraft Archive, the Warcraft: War of the Ancients Archive, and World of Warcraft: Chronicles of War. All books will be signed by Chris Metzen, their respective cover artists, and the Creative Development Publishing team.
- Runners-up: Seven runners-up will each receive copies of the StarCraft Archive, the Diablo Archive, the Warcraft Archive, the Warcraft: War of the Ancients Archive, and World of Warcraft: Chronicles of War. All books will be signed by Chris Metzen, their respective cover artists, and the Creative Development Publishing team.
- "The Exit" by Danny McAleese
- Finalists (in alphabetical order)
- "Anatomy of Demons" by David Patterson
- "Daughter of Lordaeron" by Marika Kermode
- "Echo of Pride" by Martin Arthur Paul Wilson
- "Reforged" by Anthony Dickson
- "The Future of Lordaeron" by Tyler F.M. Edwards
- "The Heavier Burden" by Erica Cargle
- "The Stranger" by Walter Handloser
- Honorable Mentions (in alphabetical order)
- "Ashes over Stormwind" by Ryan K. Stansifer
- "Blood and Thunder" by Alex Boston
- "Haven of the Windless Sea" by Celine Taillefer
- "Iron Lady Down" by Joe Trela
- "Isn't Falstad Dead?" by Ian Casteen Bates
- "A Mage's Honor" by Geoffrey Walano
- "Mending and Renewal" by James C. Reuss
- "Pawned" by Ivan Carvalho
- "Purity" by Tim Marrero
- "The Short Happy Lives of the Southern Barrens Sapper Corps" by Nicholas Lampros
- "Warrior's Hands" by Allison Utterback