|Previous: The Fires Down Below|
| Next: The Scourge of Lordaeron|
|Countdown to Extinction|
|Campaign: Exodus of the Horde|
|Place: Darkspear Islands|
|Outcome: Horde escapes with the Darkspear Tribe to Kalimdor|
|template | talk | edit|
Countdown to Extinction is the chapter five (5) of the demo campaign and the chapter three (3) of the custom campaign, Exodus of the Horde. During the battle, the Darkspear trolls and the Horde managed to escape the Sea Witch and her murlocs.
- Sunlight greets Thrall and his companions as they escape the underground lair and make their way back to the surface.
Main Quests Edit
- Survive for 20 minutes
- Note: When the quest is completed, this quest is also called "Trolling for Trolls".
- Rescue the Trolls for reinforcements.
- The Trolls who remain scattered across the island will surely perish unless you bring them to safety before time runs out.
- All of your buildings have been destroyed.
New unit acquiredEdit
- Pilt:IconSmall Banshee.gif Sea Witch: "Land-dwellers! You have slaughtered my minions and defiled my sanctuary! Now, you will be drowned by the wrath of the tides!"
- Pilt:IconSmall Thrall.gif Thrall: "You'll have no more sacrifices today, witch! Go back to the depths where you belong!"
- Pilt:IconSmall Banshee.gif Sea Witch: "Very well, your choice is made! The air you breathe now will be your last!"
- Pilt:IconSmall Thrall.gif Thrall: "At last! We've reached our landing site!"
- 18px Raider: "Warchief! While you were gone, the nearby volcano erupted! This entire island has begun to sink!"
- Pilt:IconSmall Thrall.gif Thrall: "How long to repair the ships?"
- 18px Raider: "The repairs are nearly done, Warchief."
- Pilt:IconSmall Thrall.gif Thrall: "Then finish them quickly! We're about to have company! Defend the ships at all costs!"
Optional quest discoveredEdit
Between the battleEdit
- Pilt:IconSmall Banshee.gif Sea Witch: "Your efforts are futile, land-dwellers! The darkness of the deeps is all that awaits you!"
- Pilt:IconSmall Banshee.gif Sea Witch: "Soon this land will be consumed by the tides! Prepare for the sea's cold embrace!"
- Pilt:IconSmall Banshee.gif Sea Witch: "Yes! At last, the end draws near! Your deaths are only the beginning! Soon all land-dwellers will be entombed in a watery grave!"
- Pilt:IconSmall Banshee.gif Sea Witch: "Sail on, land-dwellers. Flee! The Dark Tide is coming to swallow you all, and once it begins, there will be nowhere to hide!"
- Pilt:IconSmall Thrall.gif Thrall: "I don't know exactly what the witch was talking about, but I do know that our destiny lies elsewhere. For now, we set sail for Kalimdor. That is where our future will unfold."
- Pilt:IconSmall Thrall.gif D05Thrall15: One of the shamans must have found a way to purify this fountain.
- 18px D05Troll13: Hey, you got room for one more mon?
|Pilt:Stub.png|| This article or section is a lore stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
As Thrall escapes, he is chased by the Sea Witch and her murloc warriors. The repairs to his storm-damaged ships are not done and he must rally his forces to hold the line and protect the ships until they are repaired. Unfortunately, the volcano on the island is also erupting and the whole island appears to to be sinking into the sea. Some imprisoned trolls around the island are rescued to provide reinforcements against the Sea Witch and her warriors.
The ships are repaired and Thrall's forces continue on to Kalimdor, beginning the Invasion of Kalimdor.