Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Pilt:Stub.png||This article or section is a miscellaneous stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
Although World of Warcraft is extremely successful, many criticisms have been directed at the game since its launch in 2004. This article is an attempt to summarize and provide a place to describe these criticisms.
Classic EditPilt:WoW Icon 16x16.gif This section concerns content exclusive to World of Warcraft.
- Servers could not handle the load when lots of people tried to play at the same time in the same area (this was at its worst during world events).
- Graphical quality could be better (the disparity has gotten worse over time, also).
- Group play often is primarily experienced in instances and fails at immersion.
- If you drop an item it gets destroyed.
- A boss with a quest item can despawn before you loot it.
- Unnecessary competition for boss spawns.
- Monsters can spawn right next to you.
- Level disparity diminishes the social gaming experience.
Burning Crusade EditTBC This section concerns content exclusive to The Burning Crusade.
- Not enough new content and too much of it seems repetitive.
- By the time you had sufficient reputation built up to buy reputation gear, you usually had passed the level where it was useful.
Wrath of the Lich King EditWotLK This section concerns content exclusive to Wrath of the Lich King.
- Raids too easy. Rise of the faceroll term.
Cataclysm EditCataclysm This section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
- Harder for casual players than previous expansion, especially trying to PUG heroic mode dungeons.
See also Edit
- ↑ Adam Tingle 2010-08-26. World of Warcraft: Fighting Talk: LoTRO vs. WoW.
- ↑ 2,0 2,1 2,2 2,3 2,4 Kieron Gillen 2005-02-18. World of Warcraft - Review. EuroGamer.
- ↑ Tobold 2007-02-19. Burning Crusade review.
- ↑ Daniel Whitcomb 2008-05-23. Forum Post of the Day: Burning Crusade constructive criticism. WoW Insider.
- ↑ Matthew Lynley 2011-05-11. Why I (and probably 600,000 others) stopped playing World of Warcraft. VentureBeat.com.
- Activision Blizzard