|Pilt:Stub.png||This article or section is a miscellaneous stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
Dual Talent Specialization (or dual spec) is a skill players at level 30 can learn in exchange for 10g from their class trainers. Introduced in patch 3.1.0, dual talent specialization is the ability to switch between two talent specs, glyph sets, and action bars on each level 30 character. Originally 1000g, dual talent specialization has been reduced to a mere 10g most likely to offer players a new experience with their chosen class and/or specific talent selections. It should also be noted that before patch 4.0.3 it was required for players to be level 40 instead of 30, this change was also probably done to offer players more options at a lower level.
Initial Purchase Edit
To purchase dual spec, you must be at least level 30, and can purchase the ability from your class's trainer. The cost is 10g. No reputation discount applies.
Setting your specializations Edit
Once you have purchased dual spec, there are now two icons on the top right of the talent pane, representing your Primary and Secondary talent builds. You are able to preview and alter your new spec until you are happy with it (similar to the talent calculators on WorldofWarcraft.com). When satisfied, you are able to apply your new talent spec for each of your Primary and Secondary talent builds. The specialization icon will be the same as whichever talent tree you invest the most talent points in).
Select the secondary spec icon and activate the build. Now you can again configure talents, action bars, and glyphs.
Switching between specializations Edit
Switching between talent specs takes 5 seconds, and all resource bars (mana, energy, rage, or Runic Power), except health are reset to zero and some buffs are removed when doing so. Players cannot switch between specs during combat, in Battlegrounds (except during Preparation, before the battle begins), or in Arenas (no exception).
To switch, pull up the talent pane, select the primary or secondary spec, and activate the talents. Once the 5 second cast is completed, your glyphs, action bars, and talents will all be restored to your other specialization.
Simple macro switching Edit
If you want you can also use this macro. Just create a new macro, insert the text below and throw it into your bar. When you click it it will change your spec. Click again to change back.
/usetalents [spec:1] 2; 1
Even if you have purchased dual specialization, there is still a cost to respec. Switching between your specializations is free, but if you want to change one of your talent configurations after it is confirmed, you still pay the respec fee, and will require a class trainer. There is no fee to change your glyphs or your action bars - only if you wish to change the talents associated with a specialization.
To modify a specialization, find the appropriate class trainer. Be sure the specialization pane you wish to respec is active, then purchase the respec from the trainer. Now this specialization can be modified again.
Glyphs no longer require proximity to a Lexicon of Power (since patch 3.1.0). To set glyphs, first select the specialization (primary or secondary) and activate the specialization. Now any glyph changes you make will apply to this specialization. Changing glyphs, like action bars, are free to change and do not require the purchase of a respec. Inversely, respeccing will not modify any glyphs you have set to either specialization.
Action Bars Edit
Each spec has its own set of action bars. When a new ability rank is learned, it will only be updated on the active spec's action bars. Druids' alternate forms use the same action bars for both specs.
- Primary spec
- US: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ / /talent/primary
- EU: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/<realm>/<Charactername>/talent/primary
- Secondary spec
- US: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/<realm>/<Charactername>/talent/secondary
- EU: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/<realm>/<Charactername>/talent/secondary
In Cataclysm EditCataclysm This section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
|[How to PTR] Dual Talent Specialization.|
|More guides here]|
Patch changes Edit
- Cataclysm Patch 4.0.3 (patch date::15-Nov-2010): Cost reduced to 10g from 1000g and level requirement to 30 from 40.
- Pilt:WoW Icon 16x16.gif Hotfix (2009-04-16): "Hunter pets should now have their talents refunded when a hunter switches talent specs, even if they are dismissed at the time. "
- WotLK Patch 3.1.0 (patch date::14-Apr-2009): Added with cost of 1000g and level 40 requirement.
- ↑ Error on call to Template:ref web: Parameters url and title must be specifiedKody 2010-12-02. . Curse.com.
- ↑ 2,0 2,1 2,2 2,3 2,4 2,5 2,6 Blizzard Entertainment 2009-03-07. New User Interface Updates. Old World of Warcraft Community site. Archived from the original on 2010-11-07.
- ↑ Pilt:Blizz.gif Bornakk 2009-04-16. Recent In-Game Fixes - 4/16/09. Retrieved on 2009-05-24.