Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The award-winning Gnomeregan Gnews Gnetwork has been tireless in their journalistic quest to bring the most important news affecting the world of Warcraft. This news were shown during the official videos: WoW Gameplay Trailer: Nether Drake, The Burning Crusade Launch: The Video and in News From Outland: Crisis at Da Portal!. Subtitled versions of the news can be found on the European official site.
News From OutlandEdit
In their latest segment, they turn their attention to the goings-on in some place called "Outland". Intrepid reporters of the GGG investigate the seemingly endless battle at the Dark Portal, the mysterious depletion of Zangarmarsh, and the source of a foul odor emanating from Shattrath's Lower City...
- ESRB: Rated teen for teen.
- Unknown person #1: Gnomeregan Gnews. With... News Anchor Mar'Lee.
- Troll male Mar'Lee: Tank you for tunin' in. Tonight's top story be: CRISIS at da PORTAL!
Demon onslaught hindered by Horde and Alliance forces.
- Troll male Mar'Lee: Since da portal's re-openin', multitudes a demons been pourin' tru, wid both da Horde and the Alliance tryin' to push dem back.
On tonight's edition of Callout we talk to a demon expert, da warlock, N. Kagnito...
- Troll male Mar'Lee: We also have wid us, da self-proclaimed mouthpiece of da people, Barley McFrothbeard.
- Dwarf male Barley McFrothbeard: I say we round up all these red-eyed demon freaks and send 'em right back to Outland with their pointy tails between their sissy legs!
- Orc male N. Kagnito: I think calling them "demons" is a gross generalization. Why does everything has to have a label? I mean, who made them the bad guys all of a sudden?
- Dwarf male Barley McFrothbeard: Oh, they only want to DESTROY AZEROTH, ya flea-brained twit!
- Orc male N. Kagnito: Nonsense! They are just misunderstood.
- Dwarf male Barley McFrothbeard: They'll kill us all, ya gibberin' buffoon!
- Orc male N. Kagnito: Oh, I suppose you can read their minds all of a sudden.
- Dwarf male Barley McFrothbeard: Their demonic energy corrupts and destroys!
- Orc male N. Kagnito: I use demonic energy every day. I'm not corrupted.
- Dwarf male Barley McFrothbeard: Your eyes are glowing!
- Orc male N. Kagnito: Well, I... I have cataracts...
- Dwarf male Barley McFrothbeard: And you have horns growing from yer—
- —wait a minute. You're one of them, aren't ya? (shot sound)
- Troll male Mar'Lee: Well, dat was a close one.
- Orc male N. Kagnito: Aaaaaaahhhh!
- Dwarf male Barley McFrothbeard: (Clearing throat)
- Troll male Mar'Lee: Uh, oh, now, let's go on-location to Wendy Breezy. How you doin', Wendy?
- Gnome female Wendy Breezy: Just super Mar'Lee, thanks! I'm standing here with Commander Duron, who is leading the Alliance Forces against the Burning Legion here at the Portal! Mr. Duron, tell us how you're holding up against these unending waves of demons?
- Human male Commander Duron: Well, Wendy, I...
- Gnome female Wendy Breezy: What's it's like to see your comrades gleefully dismembered by these marauding agents of evil?
- Human male Commander Duron: Oh, yes, oh, oh, uh, yes...
- Gnome female Wendy Breezy: Comrades who are undoubtedly leaving behind devastated orphans and widows!
- Human male Commander Duron: Maybe we should—
- Gnome female Wendy Breezy: How long do you think this assault will last, given that the Legion is estimated to number... in the millions?
- Human male Commander Duron: Sorry, but... duty calls.
- Gnome female Wendy Breezy: Truly a man of few words. Well, this is Wendy—
- Unknown person #2: CUT TO COMMERCIAL! CUT TO—
- Troll male Mar'Lee: Welcome back.
Special enviromental report from Zangarmarsh.
- Troll male Mar'Lee: We go now to a special enviromental report with investigator journalist, Spoggle Greasecakes.
- Written on the reporter's screen: Shady Ventures
- Gnome male Spoggle Greasecakes: Well Mar'Lee we've known about the Venture Company's disregard for the enviroment for some time now... (clears throat)
- Gnome male Spoggle Greasecakes: But what you don't know is that there are new and sinester forces at work in Outland as well, in the tranquil ecosystem of Zangarmarsh.
- Gnome male Spoggle Greasecakes: This large mushroom, for instance, is being robbed of its natural gifts. This unscrupulous pilfering has drastically changed not only the local ecology, but the economy as well. As you can guess, the many pro-enviromental groups are not too happy about it.
- Tauren female Tala Snowgraze: What do we want?
- Human maleNightElf maleNightElf femaleTauren maleTroll male Voices United: A clear marsh! A safe marsh!
- Written on the reporter's screen: Circle of Defiance Rallying for the Cause
- Tauren female Tala Snowgraze: When do we want it?
- Human maleNightElf maleNightElf femaleTauren maleTroll male Voices United: Now!
- Gnome male Spoggle Greasecakes: I attempted to interview the ogres on the subject, but they simply play dumb.
- Pilt:IconSmall Ogre Mage2.gif "The Big Chopper": What ecology means? ME SMASH YOU!
- Gnome male Spoggle Greasecakes: Truly, Zangarmarsh is a land beset by conflict.Its woes come not only from the ogres, but from the secret and sinester naga as well.
- Tauren female Tala Snowgraze: The naga... those vile creatures have begun draining the swamp precious waters for some unknown purpose. Of course, we have vowed to stop them.
- Tauren male Unknown tauren #1: Stop the draining!
- Gnome male Spoggle Greasecakes: We caught up with a naga spokesmen, who had this to say:
- Naga male Mal'aga: Our enviromental expert assures us that our activities in Zangarmarsh are in no way harming the eviroment. Isn't that right Mr. Stickyfingers.
- LeperGnome male Mr. Stickyfingers: (nodded his face)
- Tauren male Unknown tauren #1: Stop the murder!
- Written on the reporter's screen: March in the Marsh
- Pilt:IconSmall HarvestGolem.gif Unknown harvest golem #1: Unfortunately it seems the evidence is clear: unless the Cenarion Circle gets help, the region of Zangarmarsh may be doomed.
- Gnome male Spoggle Greasecakes: Back to you, Mar'Lee!
- Pilt:IconSmall Succubus.gif Unknown succubus #1: mob sound
- Troll male Mar'Lee: Shoking, mon! In udda news a foul odor swept across Shattrath City and into Terokkar Forest, sickenin' all da victims in its path.
Unknown odor wreaks havoc on city.
- Pilt:IconSmall Khadgar.gif Khadgar: Never in all my days in Outland have I smelled such a terrible stench.
|Lower City, Shattrath|
- Pilt:IconSmall Khadgar.gif Khadgar: We have refugees from all over in this city, so the Light only knows where this noxious odor is emanating from.
- Pilt:IconSmall Khadgar.gif Khadgar: We do know this much: it is silent, and it is deadly.
- Gnome male Strombone: Strombone was wondering, has anything like this happened before?
- Pilt:IconSmall Khadgar.gif Khadgar: The only time we had a stench like this, Tobias had whipped up some sort of rare delicacy.
|Interview with Tobias|
- Broken male Tobias the Filth Gorger: I don't know what might be causing this alleged odor, but it would have to come from an object so rare and so foul... kind of like this rotten arakkoa egg here. It's unique in that it— oh! Excuse me!
- Gnome male Strombone: (Vomiting)
- Pilt:IconSmall Human Boy.gif Gordie: It's a complete and total barf-o-rama! Run for your lives!
- Troll male Mar'Lee: Da last time I seen something like dat was at a Level 70 ETC concert. Well, dat concludes our broadcast. Dis be Ancor Mar'Lee, and dat be da news!
The following news where presented in the bottom of the screen during the video:
- BoE Index:
- RPVT -0.37
- Greens -203
- Blues +2204
- Purples + 48.6
- Ore Index:
- Copper -0.02
- Tin +2.14
- Millions of demons invade Azeroth. Horde and Alliance forces stand strong.
- Another nether storm ravages... Netherstorm?
- Venture Company credits record earning to hero migration from Azeroth to Outland after Dark Portal's reopening.
- Economists concerned with influx of raw material gathered in Outland.
- Gnomish thief captured in Tanaris, blames evil twin.
- Breaking News! Infernal lands near Gnomergan Gnews HQ in Shattrath City. Origin unknown.
- Tanaris gnome's accomplice captured, blames evil triplet.
- Wendy Breezy miraculously survives direct impact from infernal strike. Dozens of interns rushed to Sacred Hearth Medical Center in critical condition.
- Search party for missing protesters in Zangarmarsh called off.
- SPG -0.27
- DEF +0.06
- WSO +0.15
- FWC -0.31
- Although Strombone says "Strombone was wondering, has anything like this happened before?" in the subtitles it says: "Can you tell us if anything like this happened before?"
- Orc male N. Kagnito - Demonology expert. Author of "Our Friends From The Nether".
- Dwarf male Barley McFrothbeard - Mouthpiece of the People.
- Human male Commander Duron - Leader of the Alliance Defense Forces.
- Pilt:IconSmall Felguard.gif18pxPilt:IconSmall Wrathguard.gif Marauding Agents of Evil - The Burning Legion.
- Tauren female Tala Snowgraze - Cenarion Protester.
- Pilt:IconSmall Ogre Mage2.gif "The Big Chopper" - Ogre Response.
- Naga male Mal'aga - Naga Representative.
- LeperGnome male Mr. Stickyfingers - Independent Enviromental Expert.
- Pilt:IconSmall Khadgar.gif Khadgar - Sons of Lothar.
- Broken male Tobias - The Flith Gorger.
- Pilt:IconSmall Naaru.gif A'dal
- 18px Samwise Didier
- Orc male Lieutenant General Orion
- Pilt:IconSmall PitLord.gif Pit Commander
They received the Best Show Starting with a Silent Letter (News or Comedy), Azeroth Media Awards in 2004 and 2006.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment Inc. 2006-05-01. WoW Gameplay Trailer: Nether Drake (English). Retrieved on 2009-11-18.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment Inc. 2006-05-01. The Burning Crusade Launch: The Video (English). Retrieved on 2009-11-18.
- ↑ 3,0 3,1 3,2 Blizzard Entertainment Inc. 2007-04-19. (G)News From Outland: Crisis at Da Portal! (English). News From Outland: Crisis at Da Portal. Retrieved on 2009-07-20.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment Inc. 2007-04-19. Media -> Movies (English). News From Outland: Crisis at Da Portal. Retrieved on 2009-11-18.