|Pilt:Icon-stub-48x48.png||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.1.
|Improved Shadow Bolt|
|Location||Destruction, Tier 1|
Improved Shadow Bolt is a talent in the Destruction tree, you will need to spend 5 points in Destruction to max it.
|Rank||+Shadow Bolt damage||+Spell crit|
- The debuff applied to target is a magic effect called Shadow Mastery, which should not be confused with the Shadow Mastery talent found at tier 6 of the Affliction tree.
- The Shadow Mastery debuff and the mage Improved Scorch debuff do not stack. The Shadow Mastery debuff takes precedence over the Improved Scorch, and will override Improved Scorch, however the opposite is not true.
- As a result of the priority of Shadow Mastery over Improved Scorch, if a talented Warlock and Mage are in the same group, it is better for the warlock to cast Improved Shadow Bolt than for a mage to try to maintain the scorch debuff, as scorch is considered a DPS loss within the mage's rotation .
Patch changes Edit
- Cataclysm Patch 4.0.3 (patch date::15-Nov-2010): Removed.
- WotLK Patch 3.3.2 (patch date::2010-01-02): Damage done by Shadow Bolt increased by 2/4/6/8/10%, up from 1/2/3/4/5%.
- Pilt:WoW Icon 16x16.gif Hotfix (2009-04-21): "Shadow Mastery and Improved Scorch will no longer stack with each other."
- WotLK Patch 3.1.0 (patch date::14-Apr-2009): Now increases the damage done by your Shadow Bolt spell by 1/2/3/4/5%, and causes your target to be vulnerable to spell damage, increasing spell critical strike chance against that target by 1/2/3/4/5%. Effect lasts 30 sec.
- WotLK Patch 3.0.8 (patch date::2009-01-20): Changed from applying a debuff to the target to a self-buff on the Warlock.
- Pilt:WoW Icon 16x16.gif Patch 1.11.0 (patch date::20-Jun-2006): Periodic damage spells and non-damaging spells will no longer consume charges of Shadow Vulnerability.
- Pilt:WoW Icon 16x16.gif Patch 1.10.2 (patch date::02-May-2006): Will now proc properly after landing a critical strike with Shadow Bolt.
- Pilt:WoW Icon 16x16.gif Patch 1.2.1 (patch date::21-Dec-2004): Added a limited duration to the effect.
- Pilt:WoW Icon 16x16.gif Patch 1.1.0 (patch date::07-Nov-2004): Changed from increases the next 1/2/3/4/5 sources of Shadow damage dealt to 4 sources.