Mechanical Dragonling is created by engineers with a skill of 200.
Using this item starts a 5 minute cooldown on this trinket, and a 1 minute cooldown on other guardian pet trinkets (such as the other mechanical dragonling type trinkets, Defender of the Timbermaw, etc). This means that there is still some value in keeping older dragonling trinkets after creating new ones.
- Patch 4.1.0 - Mechanical Dragonlings are now always level 40 instead of scaling with the engineer's skill.
- Cooldown has been reduced to 5 minutes.
- TBC Patch 2.4.3 (patch date::2008-07-15): Mechanical Dragonlings once again scale with engineering skill.
- TBC Patch 2.4.0 (patch date::25-Mar-2008):
- Mechanical Dragonlings are now always level 40 instead of scaling with the engineer's skill.
- Engineering Dragonlings now have a 20 minute cooldown instead of 1 hour
- Pilt:WoW Icon 16x16.gif Patch 1.4.0 (patch date::2005-05-05): The level of the Mechanical Dragonlings now scale with your engineering skill, so they will be always useful against enemies. Their damage and health has remained the same.
- Pilt:WoW Icon 16x16.gif Patch 1.3.0 (patch date::07-Mar-2005): Mechanical Whelps have been boosted by five levels in order to be effective longer. Their damage has been slightly decreased to compensate for the additional damage that would have occurred with the change.