World of Warcraft Wiki foorum
Increasing your speed Edit
Through guild advancement Edit
The guild perk Mount Up will increase your riding speed by 10%.
Through class abilities and talentsEdit
Shaman and Druids acquire shapeshift forms ( for shaman and for druids) that increase their movement speed (not as much as a mount, but it is trainable at an earlier level), while Hunters get aspects to boost their own movement speed and that of their party. Rogues and druids (in ) have an ability to temporarily increase movement speed. Here are the skills and abilities that provide some classes with a bit of a faster mount movement speed, either passively or by the activation of an ability.
- Death knight Death knight
- Hunter Hunter
- Pathfinding in the Beast Mastery talent tree (tier 3). Increases your speed while mounted by 5%/10%. The mounted movement speed increase does not stack with other effects.
- Paladin Paladin
- Pursuit of Justice in the Retribution talent tree (tier 3). Increases your movement speed (and mounted movement speed) by 8%/15%. This does not stack with other speed increasing effects.
- Crusader Aura at level 62. Movement speed while mounted is increased by 20%. The mounted movement speed increase does not stack with other effects.
- Aura Mastery in the Holy tree (tier 3) does not directly increase mounted movement speed, but it does boost Crusader Aura. With these two abilities combined, it is possible to increase mounted movement speed by 40% for 6 seconds every 2 minutes.
Through items and enchantsEdit
There are five other methods for increasing your mounted speed, with no effects beyond level 70:
- : +2% (stacking), world drop Enchanting recipe
- : +4% (stacking), world drop Blacksmithing plans
- :Pilt:Bc icon.gif +10% (non-stacking), Leatherworking pattern sold in Old Hillsbrad Foothills.
- :Pilt:Bc icon.gif +10% (non-stacking), quest reward from N  , must be Honored with Netherwing.
These last two items effectively increase a mount's speed by 10%. However, they do not stack with the previously mentioned methods, so they are approximately (see below) a 1% improvement over using the above 3 items combined. It should be also noted that for players of WotLK the Riding Crop is only usable for two levels (69 and 70), and the Skybreaker Whip only for one level (70).
All speed improvement items work on both normal and flying mounts (with the exception of npc controlled point-to-point flight).
WotLK Characters higher than level 70 will not benefit from mount speed improvement items and enchants. With Cataclysm, the following are no longer available:
- : +3% (stacking), reward from the in Zul'Farrak.