|Naxx, Naxx10, Naxx25|
|Naxxramas loading graphic|
|Location||The Carrion Fields, Dragonblight|
- This article is about the 10- and 25-man versions of Naxxramas introduced with Wrath of the Lich King. For the original 40-man raid introduced in Patch 1.11, see Naxxramas (original).
Naxxramas is an introductory level-80 raid dungeon floating above Dragonblight in Northrend. It is a Scourge necropolis, the seat of the Arch Lich Kel'Thuzad. The 40-man classic version of Naxxramas is no longer available, having been permanently closed with the release of the Wrath of the Lich King expansion.
The original incarnation of the dungeon was regarded as the most difficult pre-Burning Crusade raid, requiring 40 well-equipped, skilled players to complete. In the World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King expansion, Naxxramas was moved to Northrend and retuned as an entry-level raid dungeon for level 80 players. Like all other Wrath raid dungeons, Naxxramas has both 10-man and 25-man versions.
An ancient Nerubian Necropolis, Naxxramas was torn free from the ground by agents of the Lich King to serve as Kel'Thuzad's base of operations as he spreads the plague throughout Lordaeron. Other sources say Obrahiim, the Traveler, a great skeletal architect, was pivotal in the conception of Naxxramas, hinting that it was altered or retooled. See the Compendium of Fallen Heroes for more details.
Due to his fighting a war against the Scarlet Crusade, the Argent Dawn, the Forsaken and the Humans of the Alliance, as well as constant incursions of adventurers from every race and nation into the Scourge-controlled Plaguelands on a daily basis, the forces of Kel'Thuzad have been severely taxed to maintain the security of the necropolis. But now the gates of Naxxramas are open, and Kel'Thuzad's new forces are rapidly sweeping away all opposition to the Scourge.
Road to DamnationEdit
Blizzard has posted a short back story for Naxxramas on the official site: Road to Damnation
After the defeat of Kel'Thuzad in the Eastern Plaguelands, Naxxramas has returned to Northrend and now hovers above the Carrion Fields in eastern Dragonblight, where it lays siege to the Alliance stronghold of Wintergarde Keep.
- The 10-man version
- Raid composition – three of the wings can be completed with 2 healers, 2 tanks, and 6 DPS, although a common setup (and one better suited for beginning Naxxramas) is 2 tanks, 3 healers, and 5 DPS.
- General gear check – level 80 rares and/or epics from crafting or heroic dungeons.
- Tanks: A good start is to have 540 Defense, 22,000 HP, and 21k Armor rating.
- DPS: Ideally each DPS should have at least 1.5k DPS, 2.5k AP or 1350 Spell Power. Also a hit rating near 7.5% is also desirable.
- Healers: Shoot for 1500 bonus heal (now equivalent to approximately 900 spell power) and 160 MP5.
- The 25-man version
- Raid composition – aim for 3-4 tanks, 6-7 healers and 14-16 DPS.
- General gear check – level 80 epics from crafting and normal mode raids.
- Tanks – at least ~25,000 unbuffed HP.
- DPS spellcasters should have 17% to hit.
NPC Breakdown by QuarterEdit
Naxxramas loot includes the Tier 7 raid sets, which are based on the Tier 3 raid sets that dropped in the original Naxxramas. There are two versions: The Tier 7 "Heroes'" sets from the normal mode 10-man, and the Tier 7.5 "Valorous" sets from the heroic mode 25-man. While these sets are inspired by the original Tier 3 sets, they have received significant model updates.
|10-player mode||25-player mode||Objective|
|16px||16px||Defeat the bosses of the Arachnid Quarter of Naxxramas|
|16px||16px||Defeat Grand Widow Faerlina in Naxxramas without dispelling frenzy|
|16px||16px||Defeat Maexxna in Naxxramas within 20 minutes of Anub'Rekhan's death|
|16px||16px||Defeat the bosses of the Construct Quarter of Naxxramas|
|16px||16px||Kill Patchwerk in Naxxramas in 3 minutes or less|
|16px||16px||Defeat Thaddius in Naxxramas without anyone in the raid crossing the negative and positive charges|
|16px||16px||Defeat Thaddius in Naxxramas with less than 9/21 people|
|16px||16px||Defeat the bosses of the Plague Quarter of Naxxramas|
|16px||16px||Defeat Heigan the Unclean in Naxxramas without anyone in the raid dying|
|16px||16px||Defeat Loatheb in Naxxramas without killing any spores|
|16px||16px||Defeat the bosses of the Military Quarter of Naxxramas|
|16px||16px||Defeat the Four Horsemen in Naxxramas, ensuring that they all die within 15 seconds of each other|
|16px||16px||Defeat Sapphiron in Naxxramas|
|16px||16px||Defeat Sapphiron in Naxxramas without any member of the raid having a frost resist value over 100|
|16px||16px||Defeat Kel'thuzad in Naxxramas|
|16px||16px||Defeat every boss in Naxxramas|
|16px||16px||Defeat Kel'Thuzad in Naxxramas while killing at least 18 abominations in his chamber|
|16px||16px||Defeat the bosses of Naxxramas with less than 9/21 people|
|16px||16px||Within one raid lockout period, defeat every boss in Naxxramas without allowing any raid member to die during any of the boss encounters|
Patch changes Edit
- Cataclysm Patch 4.0.3 (patch date::15-Nov-2010): Any dungeons that previously dropped any type of emblems, will now award Justice Points instead.
- WotLK Patch 3.3.0 (patch date::08-Dec-2009): Players no longer need to kill the final bosses in all four wings of this dungeon in order to teleport to . Teleportation orbs have been added to allow players access back and forth from Sapphiron's lair.
- WotLK Patch 3.2.0 (patch date::04-Aug-2009): Any dungeons that previously dropped or , such as Naxxramas or Heroic Halls of Stone, will now drop instead. Emblems of Conquest can still be converted to Valor or Heroism.
- ↑ Naxxramas Raid (Level 80) Minimum Gear/Stat Requirement. License to Kill. Retrieved on 2009-06-26.
- ↑ Boubouille 2008-09-11. WotLK Beta - Build 8926 Dungeon Loot. Retrieved on 2008-09-11.
See also Edit