- For rare monsters, see rare mob.
- For the Superior achievement, see Superior (achievement).
Rare is the level of item quality in between Uncommon and Epic or the highest battle pet quality which is above Uncommon.
- The names of Rare quality items will appear in blue.
- Equippable items of Rare quality almost always have one or more attribute bonuses and some have procs.
- As an example, the blue weapons have at least 3 "major" stat boosts, and eventfully a proc. This also occurs with most armor (head, neck, shoulders, chest, back, waist, legs, boots). Backs, bracers and some trinkets/rings only have one or two stat boost, a proc, and/or an "On equip".
- Most equippable items at Rare quality and above can be disenchanted by characters with the Enchanting profession.
- Some ingredient items are of Rare quality, including all Shards used in the Enchanting profession, such as Large Brilliant Shard.
- The web color code for rare itemlinks is #0080ff.
- Almost all boss drops from non-heroic and non-raid instances are of rare quality.
- Outland and Northrend quests that require defeating an elite monster will often reward a rare. Quests at the end of long, lore-intensive chains will sometimes reward a rare.
Battle pets Edit
- The names of Rare quality battle pets will appear in blue.
- They should have slightly better initial stats than Uncommon quality battle pets.
See also Edit