|Race||race::Bone golem (Undead)|
|Level||NPC level::43 Elite|
|Location||Caer Darrow, Western Plaguelands|
Rattlegore is a bone golem mini-boss in Scholomance. He is directly under the Great Ossuary (Plagued Hatchling room) near Jandice Barov's dungeon (you can enter through the stairs or just fall through the holes in the hatchling room, but that is not recommended). Do note that if you do not empty the room of some patrolling mobs, you might over-pull, which does a lot during a boss fight. Have a priest ready to Shackle Undead just in case. While you possibly do not need to clear the whole room to fight Rattlegore, doing so is strongly advised, particularly if an attempt is being made to solo him at level 70 or below.
Unless you're a Paladin or a Warrior, Rattlegore probably should not be soloed in less than tier 4 (level 70) equivalent gear, because in terms of scaling, at less than that mitigation/stamina level, he hits like a truck.
This is also the room where the Paladin epic mount quest boss is located.
Attacks and AbilitiesEdit
- Has a strong melee attack
- Knock Away: Inflicts normal damage plus 30 to an enemy and knocks it back.
- Strike: Strikes at an enemy, inflicting increased melee damage.
- War Stomp: Inflicts normal damage plus 50 to nearby enemies, stunning them for 5 sec.
- He has 100% chance to drop the Viewing Room Key which in turn is used to enter Vectus's Lecturing Room, Ras Frostwhisper's Lab, and the Headmaster's Hall.
CataclysmEditCataclysm This section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
He may be the leader or first "creation" of the Rattlecage Skeletons, who are situated in Tirisfal Glades, due to his name being similiar to the word "rattlecage" and because he drops a shield called Rattlecage Buckler.
- Pilt:WoW Icon 16x16.gif Patch 1.4.0 (patch date::2005-05-05): Rattlegore will now always drop at least one Rare item.