|Pilt:Icon-externalarticle-48x48.png||Source information needed!
|World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft after the Mists of Pandaria cleared.
Resilience is a character attribute that reduces all damage taken from players and their pets or minions. This is the bread and butter PvP stat. The reduction has no effect on the damage taken from mobs. It was replaced by PvP Resilience in the Mists of Pandaria Mists of Pandaria expansion.
Characters have no innate resilience. It can only be gained through external sources, e.g. equipment, elixirs, enchantments, and gems. Many items and recipes that grant resilience rating are PvP rewards.
Resilience was introduced with World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade as part of the new combat rating system. Previously, no such resilience mechanic existed — as a result, resilience rating only appears on items available to players over level 60, with some rare exceptions. Formerly, resilience reduced the damage taken from critical strikes and spell critical strikes, reduced the chance of suffering a critical strike, and reduced the effect of mana drain spells. Each point of resilience would give a player about 1% less chance to be critically struck.
Just before the release of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, Patch 4.0.1 made a dramatic change to resilience. Resilience no longer reduced the chance to receive a critical strike. Each point of resilience provides about 0.01% damage reduction against all damage done by players and their pets or minions.
The resilience formula was changed in Patch 4.1. Resilience was made not linear and no longer offered increasing returns.
And the formula for Patch 4.1 was:
y = 1 - 0.99 ^ ( x / 79.12785 )
Prior to Patch 4.1, Resilience followed a linear return. Where y represented the damage reduction percentage, and x represented the amount of resilience, the linear formulas was as followed:
y = 0.01050120510299x + 0.000605956904
For example, damage was reduced by 15.75% when 1500 resilience was equipped:
15.75241361 = 0.01050120510299(1500) + 0.000605956904
Resilience Cap Edit
The resilience cap was 9523. Equipping 9523 resilience would provide 100% damage reduction. Having more than 9523 resilience equipped was overkill and provided absolutely no benefit. However, equipping this amount of resilience was impossible. In Patch 4.1.0, diminishing returns on resilience would provide an effective resilience cap.
- : WotLK Permanently adds 28 stamina and 40 resilience rating to a leg slot item.
- : Cataclysm Permanently adds 60 agility and 35 resilience rating to a head slot item.
- : Cataclysm Permanently adds 60 intellect and 35 resilience rating to a head slot item.
- : Cataclysm Permanently adds 60 strength and 35 resilience rating to a head slot item.
- : WotLK Permanently adds 30 stamina and 25 resilience rating to a head slot item.
- : WotLK Permanently adds 29 spell power and 20 resilience rating to a head slot item.
- : WotLK Permanently adds 50 attack power and 20 resilience rating to a head slot item.
- : TBC Permanently adds 18 Stamina and 20 resilience rating to a head slot item.
- : Cataclysm Permanently adds 50 agility and 25 resilience rating to a shoulder slot item.
- : Cataclysm Permanently adds 50 intellect and 25 resilience rating to a shoulder slot item.
- : Cataclysm Permanently adds 50 Strength and 25 resilience rating to a shoulder slot item.
- : WotLK Permanently adds 30 Stamina and 15 resilience rating to a shoulder slot item.
- : Permanently adds 23 spell power and 15 resilience rating to a shoulder slot item.
- : WotLK Permanently adds 40 attack power and 15 resilience rating to a shoulder slot item.
- : TBC Increases Resilience Rating by 30 for 60 min.
- : WotLK Increases Resilience Rating by 50 for 60 min.
- Chest enchants
- : Cataclysm Permanently enchant chest armor to increase resilience rating by 40.
- : WotLK Permanently enchant chest armor to increase resilience rating by 20.
- : TBC Permanently enchant a piece of chest armor to grant 15 resilience rating.
- Shield enchants
- : TBC Permanently enchant a shield to grant 12 resilience rating.
|Pilt:UI-EmptySocket-Yellow.pngPilt:UI-EmptySocket-Red.pngPilt:UI-EmptySocket-Blue.png Jewelers Gem||+34 Resilience||Craft|
|Pilt:UI-EmptySocket-Yellow.png Yellow||+40 Resilience||Vendor|
|+35 Resilience||Gem Perfection|
|Pilt:UI-EmptySocket-Red.pngPilt:UI-EmptySocket-Yellow.png Orange||+20 Resilience||+20 Agility||Vendor|
|+20 Resilience||+20 Intellect||Vendor|
|+20 Resilience||+20 Strength||Vendor|
|+10 Resilience||+12 Spell Power||Craft|
|+10 Resilience||+20 Attack Power||Craft|
|+10 Resilience||+10 Strength||Craft|
|+10 Resilience||+10 Agility||Craft|
|+8 Resilience||+9 Spell Power||Craft|
|+8 Resilience||+16 Attack Power||Craft|
|+8 Resilience||+8 Strength||Craft|
|+8 Resilience||+8 Agility||Craft|
|+7 Resilience||+8 Spell Power||Craft|
|+7 Resilience||+14 Attack Power||Craft|
|+7 Resilience||+7 Agility||Craft|
|+6 Resilience||+7 Spell Power||Craft|
|+6 Resilience||+12 Attack Power||Craft|
|+6 Resilience||+6 Agility||Craft|
|+4 Resilience||+5 Dodge||Drop|
|+4 Resilience||+6 Spell Power||Drop|
|+5 Resilience||+8 Attack Power||Drop|
|+4 Resilience||+5 Strength||Drop|
|+4 Resilience||+5 Parry||Drop|
|Pilt:UI-EmptySocket-Yellow.pngPilt:UI-EmptySocket-Blue.png Green||+20 Resilience||+30 Stamina||Vendor|
|+18 Resilience||+26 Stamina||Gem Perfection|
|+15 Resilience||+23 Stamina||Drop|
|+10 Resilience||+5 MP5||Craft|
|+10 Resilience||+15 Stamina||Craft|
|+10 Resilience||+10 Spirit||Craft|
|+8 Resilience||+3 MP5||Craft|
|+8 Resilience||+12 Stamina||Craft|
|+8 Resilience||+8 Spirit||Craft|
|+7 Resilience||+3 MP5||Craft|
|+6 Resilience||+2 MP5||Craft|
|+5 Resilience||+6 Stamina||Drop|
|+5 Resilience||+7 Stamina||Craft|
|+4 Resilience||+6 Stamina||Craft|
Patch changes Edit
- Mists of Pandaria β Patch 5.0.1 (Beta): Resilience replaced by PvP Resilience.
- Cataclysm Patch 4.1.0 (patch date::26-Apr-2011): Resilience formula made non-linear.
- WotLK/Cataclysm Patch 4.0.1 (patch date::12-Oct-2010): Resilience no longer reduces the chance a player will be critically hit by an opponent.
- Pilt:WoW Icon 16x16.gif Hotfix (2010-01-20): Resilience damage reduction doubled. So depending on their current amount of resilience, characters might experience a 10 to 20% decrease in damage taken from other players.
- WotLK Patch 3.2.0 (patch date::04-Aug-2009): No longer reduces the amount of damage done by damage-over-time spells, but instead reduces the amount of all damage done by players by the same proportion. In addition, the amount of resilience needed to reduce critical strike chance, critical strike damage and overall damage has been increased by 15%.
- WotLK Patch 3.0.3 (patch date::04-Nov-2008): The damage reduction component of resilience has been increased from 2 times the critical strike chance reduction to 2.2 times the critical strike chance reduction. In addition, the maximum damage reduction to a critical strike from resilience has been increased from 30% to 33%.
- TBC Patch 2.4.0 (patch date::25-Mar-2008): Now reduces the magnitude of mana draining effects by the same amount that it reduces critical strike damage. The Tooltip has been revised to reflect this.
See also Edit