Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Riding Turtle is obtained by finding a rare Saltwater Snapjaw "Loot Card" in the WoW collectible trading card game from Upper Deck Entertainment. The card has a scratch-off code which is used to obtain the item. A given code only gets you one turtle on one character on one server, so you do not get it on all your characters (unlike the collector's edition pets).
The Saltwater Snapjaw card comes in both loot and ordinary forms. Only the loot version of the card includes the scratch off code. The card is apparently extremely rare, and sells for as much as several hundred dollars on eBay. The initial printing of the card game sold out almost immediately, making these cards even rarer in the interval before another print run is released.
The riding turtle is simply for looks. While mounted on the turtle you move at normal running speed, though you are actually mounted so effects that affect run speed do not operate but effects that affect mount speed do.
- As with all other land mounts it is not usable indoors.
- Can be affected by +mount speed items.
- Useable at any level and therefore available for twinks.
- Using on the turtle mount turns it temporarily into a level 20 Reindeer mount with 60% speed boost. The holly requires level 30 to use, but you could be level 30 without any riding skill and use the holly and the turtle mount together to at least temporarily get you a "free" level 20 mount.
- Mounting the Riding Turtle while underwater in Vashj'ir will inherit faster underwater movement speed equivalent to , though land speed will remain the same in these zones.
Before version 2.0.x it was ordinary "white" item. After a 2.0.x patch it was made into an Epic (purple) item. The effect of the item was not changed, but you no longer have to worry as much about accidentally deleting it as it is now protected by the item deletion confirmation prompt.
Saltwater Snapjaw Edit
Besides being a potential loot card, the Saltware Snapjaw card is also useful in the card game. Its ability to prevent all damage to it this turn for a cost of 3 can make it difficult to kill.