|Previous: Riders of the Storm|
|Next: Countdown to Extinction|
|The Fires Down Below|
|Campaign: Exodus of the Horde|
|Place: Darkspear Islands|
| Outcome: Prisoners rescued and escaped
|template | talk | edit|
The Fires Down Below is the fourth (4) mission of the demo campaign and the second (2) mission of the custom campaign, Exodus of the Horde. Thrall, finding himself a prisoner of the murlocs in a cavern, combines forces with jungle trolls to escape. During their escape, Sen'jin was sacrificed by a Murloc Sorcerer and although it was killed the cave began to quake and the Horde had to escape.
- Thrall finds himself in an underground lair, held prisoner by the murlocs and separated from his companions.
Main Quests Edit
20px The Great Escape Edit
- Rescue 10 Prisoners
20px The Ritual Edit
- Kill the Murloc Sorcerer
- Thrall has been slain.
- The Great Escape (Although is not explained, it is when various prisoners die).
- Attack prison gates to destroy them and free prisoners.
- Some rocks may be destroyed.
- Thrall's Far Sight spell is not available for use in underground caverns.
- Pilt:IconSmall Thrall.gif Thrall: "I wonder what these strange fish-creatures want with us?"
- 18px Troll Headhunter: "The murlocs used to be peaceful, but lately they been catchin' us and usin' us for sacrifices."
- Pilt:IconSmall Thrall.gif Thrall: "Sacrifices? To what?"
- 18px Troll Headhunter: "A long time ago they started worshipin' some witch. They say she lives under the ocean, and if they don't make the sacrifices, she'll destroy this island."
- Pilt:IconSmall Thrall.gif Thrall: "Well, someone should have told them that orcs don't scare that easily. Now, let's get out of here!"
Between the battleEdit
Between the battle (2)Edit
- Pilt:IconSmall Thrall.gif Thrall: "These humans must have put up a fight. Too bad it wasn't enough."
- 18px Troll Headhunter: "Hey Chief-mon, it look like there be a passageway here. Maybe we find a way out?"
- 18px Grunt: "Warchief, Sen'Jin was just taken away by the fish-creatures! I tried to stop them, but there were too many. They said he is to be sacrificed to their witch!"
- Pilt:IconSmall Thrall.gif Thrall: "Then we have no time to lose! Sen'Jin must be freed!"
- 18px Shaman: "Warchief, I sense a protective shield around the sorcerer. I
believe these three fish-creatures are helping maintain it."
- Pilt:IconSmall Thrall.gif Thrall: "Sen'Jin!"
- 18px Murloc Sorcerer: "Don't despair. You'll soon be joining him!"
- 18px Murloc Sorcerer: "The exalted one would be most displeased if I allowed you to escape. Her will must be done!"
- Pilt:IconSmall Thrall.gif Thrall: "Perhaps you and the witch can discuss it in the afterlife."
- 18px Sen'Jin: "The vision told me you would lead my people off this island."
- 18px Sen'Jin: "You don't have much time, young one. Go!"
- Pilt:IconSmall Thrall.gif Thrall: "But you and your people are coming with us!"
- 18px Sen'Jin: "It be too late. I'm already gone."
- Pilt:IconSmall Thrall.gif Thrall: "Those of you who wish to follow me will face many dangers. It will not be easy. But if you wish to join us, you're welcome."
- 18px Troll Headhunter: "Yah, mon, pretty soon there be nothing left here anyway. We come with you."
- Pilt:IconSmall Banshee.gif Sea Witch: "Make peace with your gods, land-dwellers! You cannot escape the currents of death so easily!"
- 18px Grunt: "Where is that voice coming from?"
- Pilt:IconSmall Thrall.gif Thrall: "I don't know, but we have no time to waste. This cave is about to collapse!"
- 18px D04Footman16: Orcs! Get up!
- 18px D04Footman23: Orcs, I should have known... attack!
- 18px D04Grunt11: Free at last!
- 18px D04Grunt13: Those fish creatures must pay!
- 18px D04MurlocSorcerer30: You may have rescued the others but I'll see to it that the exalted one does not go completely unpleased.
- Pilt:IconSmall Thrall.gif D04Thrall15: There are maybe other creatures down here, these paltry wretches died before they were even sacrificed.
- Pilt:IconSmall Thrall.gif D04Thrall17: Will you humans never learn?!
- Pilt:IconSmall Thrall.gif D04Thrall20: These cave may lead outside, but we can't leave without the others.
|Pilt:Stub.png|| This article or section is a lore stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
- In the custom campaign there is a visibility bug with Sen'Jin not present in the demo campaign. The troll appears stand up in the final cinematic and then a second later appears in the floor, even thought he was supposed to be in the floor since the Murloc Sorcerer attacked him.